Wednesday 18 June 2014

Farewell to Lisa!

After more than 7 years as Education Officer and even longer as a summer student and volunteer at Myrtleville House Museum and the Brant Historical Society, Lisa Anderson is moving on to a new chapter in her life.

"With mixed feelings I am letting everyone know that I will be leaving the Myrtleville Museum and the Brant Historical Society on June 20, 2014. I made the decision to leave to give me the opportunity to help my husband on his family’s dairy farm and recently I was offered a part time position with the Canadian Diabetes Association which will allow me to work both on and off the farm. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Myrtleville House Museum as the education officer.  Since 2008 I have had the opportunity to see thousands of students at Myrtleville or in the classroom. I have enjoyed decorating the house for a Victorian Christmas, baking cookies, making crafts, making wooden toys, and doing old fashioned laundry. My favourite experience was playing the strict teacher from the 1860s for our School Bells program.   

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the volunteers at Myrtleville House and have appreciated their dedication.  Thank you to the education committee who continue to be committed to improving our education programs.  Through our partnership with Brantford Laurier and Nipissing University I have had the opportunity to work with many fourth year con-current education students.  They have been an asset to our museum and to our programming. 

Sarah Thomas has accepted the position of education officer.  I wish her all the best. 

Thank you for a wonderful seven years!
Lisa Anderson
Education Officer "



The Staff and Board of the Brant Historical Society would like to thank Lisa for consistently going above and beyond in her role as Education Officer, and for making Myrtleville an even more welcoming and wonderful place to be. We wish her the very best of luck in her new endeavours.

We would also like to take this opportunity to formally welcome Sarah Thomas, who will be beginning her role as Education Officer on June 23rd. Welcome to the Historical Society, Sarah!


No comments:

Post a Comment